Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 11
Globe to Thatcher

Leaving Globe we started out with breakfast at Joes, just up the road. After a good breakfast I stopped at the Globe Fire Department and left information to follow the ride.

I headed out on Route 70 and through the San Carlos Apache Reservation, including the towns of Peridot and Bylas,before leaving the resevation again. I traveled through Geronimo and on till lunch at Fort Thomas.

At Fort Thomas I ran into the Wandering wheels again as they were departing from thier lunch stop. They all asked how Jay was doing, I let them know he was diagnosed with Bronchitis, and had left for New York to recupperate and rejoin the ride later. It seems sickness is spreading, the Wandering Wheels group has been experiencing virus like symptoms and upper respiratory problems throughout thier camp. We parted ways, I had lunch and again was on the road. Two more towns and another nights rest was in order.

I traveled through Pima on my way to the nights destination of Thatcher. This nights rest was at the Red Lamp RV Park, where I was greeted by the owner. She was very kind and offered the camp space for free as a donation to our ride and cause. After thanking her for the site I set up camp and set my sights on dinner.

The Garmin readout for the day is as follows:

Day 11 Globe to Thatcher by wegotguts at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment