Monday, April 19, 2010


Day 31
Lampasas to Austin

I seem to be finding an unusually uncommon theme for the weather lately. Am I still in Texas? The common theme here as of late is COLD. It has not even hit the 70's in days now. I have had to wear long pants, jacket, and full gloves just to start the day. I really miss those awesome Texas sunsets, and all the stars in the sky at night.

At least it is not raining today! I started late in hopes of a last minute possibilty of a meeting, but that was not possible today. So its off to Austin where I may be able to make a couple connections.

The roads today picked up where I left off yesterday, lots, and lots of rolling hills. I did finally see more Bluebonnets today along with a lot of colors along the roadside, unfortunately there is not much more to the day than that. I rode until traffic became a problem, this was in the Jollyville/Anderson Mill area. There were no bike lanes and I was on a 3 lane road alongside the highway and both were very busy, so I pulled into a parking lot and called it a day.

Finding a place to stay was very difficult, there are no RV parks nearby, and there is a convention in the area. We were forced all the way back to Cedar Park!!

The Garmin information is as follows:

Day 31 Lampasas to Austin by wegotguts at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment