Friday, April 16, 2010






Day 29
Weatherford to Hico

Ok it was back to the bike after a few days off. The weather did not cooperate at all, it was raining all night and wasn't letting up. The drive to Weatherford was long and dreary, I was hoping the rain would let up by the time we arrived. This was not the case, so we started the day with a cup of coffee, at the local Waffle House, when we were done the weather had not changed any. We went to a hotel accross the street and used the cover of their enrty way.

I donned my rain gear and finally hit the road. I did not get to see much in the way of colors, or sights as I was looking down most of the day to keep therain out of my face. The rain was unrelenting all day, but thankfully the traffic was very light on most of the roads. I pushed myself harder than usual just to try and finish as soon as possible, warm up and rest for a better day tomorrow!!(I hope)

As I arrived in Hico for the evening, the skies began to clear and the rain stopped -just my luck - I am done for the day and the rain finally stops. Took my shower to warm up get dry clothes on and went for a bite to eat and to explore the town. We went to the Billy The Kid statue and walked around to check out the town before stopping for dinner. Dad and I both had the Chicken fried steak at Jersey Lillys, and it was very good.

One last thing before going to sleep - the local laudry mat to dry my shoes a little for tomorrow. Mixed reports for tomorrow but maybe a little more rain.....Lets hope not!

The garmin information for today is as follows:

Day 27 Weatherford to Hico by wegotguts at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment